Program Information Overview
The first thing to understand about MyStoriesAndPoems.com is the concept behind R. Renée Bembry's poetry writing program.
This program was created to address the fact that children often lose their way when writing. Straying while writing causes children's wording to deviate from subjects they're writing about. R. Renée Bembry - AKA Silly Mommy - teaches children to stay on topic by writing about stories called Theme-Stories.
Theme-Stories & Theme-Story Poems Explained:
- Theme-Stories are MyStoriesAndPoems' short stories used to aid children in poetry-writing
and reading comprehension. Theme-Stories are short, child friendly, and written at different levels for
different age groups.
- They are labeled "Theme-Story 1", "Theme-Story 2", etc.
- Theme-Story Poems are poems children write about Theme-Stories. MyStoriesAndPoems.com
also writes poems about Theme-Stories. These poems are added to the site as they become available with
their accompanying "Poetry Designer Pages".
- When used together Theme-Stories and MSAP Poetry Writing techniques teach children to stay on
topic when writing. Once learned, these techniques can be applied to most classroom writing assignments.
- After children complete poems about Theme-Stories they may submit them to MyStoriesAndPoems.com for critiques.
- Children may also have their poems displayed on this website at MSAP discretion.
Begin Program.... Kids, enter here to read and write about a Grasshopper!
| A Little More Info|
MyStoriesAndPoems welcomes Non-Theme story related poems.
Find information about critiques for Non-Theme story poems on the Critiques Page.
MSAP references to Non-Theme-Story related poems refers to poems written on any
subject a writer chooses
MSAPreferences to Non-Theme-Story poetry critiques refer to poetry critiques on any
type of submission
The following exceptions apply to MyStoriesAndPoems.com poetry critiques and poetry placment on this website
- MyStoriesAndPoems.com will not critique or display on this website any poem or poems MSAP deems asvile, derogatory, demeaning or offensive
- MyStoriesAndPoems.com and its owner are the only entity or person possessing a say in making determination of 1. above
Theme-Story Poem Critique requests must be emailed to SillyMommy@MyStoriesAndPoems.com.
Non-Theme Related Poem Critiques requests must also be emailed to SillyMommy@MyStoriesAndPoems.com.
NOTE: Membership is required for some critique requests. Please see Membership Information.
For more detailed Program Information please visit MyStoriesAndPoems' About The Hostess page.